Have you ever had that feeling like you’re not all that? Do you see yourself inferior when compared to your coworker’s skills? Are your parenting skills not as smooth as your neighbor across the cul de sac? Or maybe you feel you’re too boring to be of any interest to anyone. Comparing yourself to those around you can make you feel like junk. Instead, try comparing yourself to what God’s Word says about you. Kevin Groves of Hope in the Morning shares his thoughts, then let’s look at some extra passages of Scripture to encourage you today.
GOD DON’T MAKE NO JUNK
“I will praise You Lord; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are Your works…” (Psalm 139:14)
It was none other than a king who was inspired to write down those words above. But notice that it’s not David’s status as a king that makes him “marvelous.” David killed a lion, a bear, a giant, and countless armies opposed to God. At the same time he was also a songwriter and poet. Not only that, but he had songs written about him because he was the super-star of his day. His fame was so great the former king tried repeatedly to kill him out of jealousy. Men wanted to be David, and women wanted to marry him! As a matter of fact, eight women did marry him!
However, God’s opinion of David wasn’t based on his accomplishments. It wasn’t his superior resume, his Facebook friend count, or his Instagram status that impressed the Lord. David was special simply because he was created by God. That’s it. David was ‘marvelous’ because he was “fearfully and wonderfully made.” And guess what… so are you. It’s not your looks, your talents, or your skills. You’re “marvelous” because God made you, and “marvelous are His works.” That’s not me talkin’, that’s your Creator! The old saying is true…
MORE VERSES TO REMIND YOU OF YOUR VALUE
In case you’re still not convinced, check out more passages from God’s Word that clearly show how highly God thinks of you!
- “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
- “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.” (Luke 12:6-7)
- “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:4-10)
- “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9)
- “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
No matter what your feelings say, what lies the enemy hurls at you, or however impressive others around you may seem, you are not junk. Take God at His word. Memorize these passages. Own your value in His eyes. Then walk in confidence and assurance that you are indeed “fearfully and wonderfully made.”
WHICH PASSAGE SPEAKS YOU MOST?
Did one of these verses touch your heart today? Comment tell us which one! Or is there another passage that reminds you that you are not junk? If so, tell us about it!